Saturday, June 23, 2007

Playing Golf 6/23

Course: Northwest Park
Score: 105 (Front: 55; Back: 50)
Best Club: 19 degree hybrid
Worst Club: Putter
Highlights: Birdie on the Par 3 12th hole. Par on the Par 4 5th hole.
Lowlights: Three putting the Par 5 8th and the Par 4 18th after reaching each green in regulation.
Summary: Started out slowly with two triple bogeys then two double bogeys. I hit good shots with the driver on the 5th, 10th, 16th and 17th, which is good for me. Had a horrible day with the putter, which has been my best club recently. Constantly short with putts. Shanked a ball off the tee at the Par 3 15th so bad, I said out loud I couldn't do worse if I spit the ball out of my mouth. Walked the course and the legs are sore.

105 is the best score for the year. If I can get more consistent with my irons (I'm convinced the driver will always be consistent) and put like I have a pair, I should be able to break 100 this season. I've only done it once before, coincedentally at Northwest.

No comments: